Three Point Lighting



This was a project show how the use of lighting from different angles are used to enhance photos. 


This is a wide angle shot showing the lighting and camera setup positioned around my partner. 



Here to the left are results of a picture taken with the natural lighting of the classroom. 





This next picture is a close up photo of my partner. For this picture I introduced the use of a key light. 



Key Light - The key light is the primary lighting source.



Here in the photo I used the Key light as a primary lighting source but I also added a fill light opposite of the key light. 


Fill Light - A supplementary light typically 50% strength the key light. 



Finally this was the money shot. With enlisting the help of a key light, fill light, and back light I have the perfect picture. 


Back Light - This is the lighting from behind the object that is being photographed. 





Comments